Webinar Archive Search
A webinar on shared use and safe routes to school
Two strategies that you can use to increase physical activity of children in your community are shared use and safe routes to school (SRTS). Children and youth can bike and walk to school to easily incorporate physical activity into their day. But the number of kids walking and biking to school...
Webinar presented September 22, 2015
A webinar series about improving public health
State and local health departments across the country are reducing obesity rates by improving access to healthy foods and increasing opportunities for physical activity. Health departments working in rural communities often have a hard time finding examples of what's working in other rural places.
- Improving access to healthy food in rural stores by Mandi Carringer
- Making rural streets safer for pedestrians and people on bikes by Ray Sharp
- Creating a culture of wellness in schools by Kathleen Hein
- Making healthy food more affordable by Gloria Begay
- Working with state transportation departments to revive rural main streets
Webinar presented May 21, 2015
A webinar on the child care nutrition and physical activity environments
This webinar provides an overview of the framework that governs childcare settings and how communities can use this framework as well as other policy, systems and environmental (PSE) strategies to encourage physical activity and promote good nutrition in childcare settings.
Webinar presented June 11, 2013