Lawyers and policy experts can be valuable partners in childhood obesity prevention. Laws are powerful tools for making our communities healthier and for protecting children from unhealthy foods and beverages.
ChangeLab Solutions translates complicated legal issues into information that everyone can understand. You do not need to be an attorney to use our resources or to receive technical assistance from our team, although we do encourage you to work closely with a local attorney who is familiar with local and state laws. Check out the following resources that introduce various legal issues that arise in childhood obesity prevention.
- What Is Policy? An introductory fact sheet that defines policy
- Model Local Obesity Prevention Resolution
- First Amendment FAQs
- Contracts and MOUs
- Fundamentals of Preemption
- What does a City Attorney have to do with Childhood Obesity Prevention?
- State Attorneys General: Allies in Obesity Prevention
- How to Partner with Government to Enforce Laws in Your Community