ChangeLab Solutions is hiring an associate to join our business development and communications teams. The Communications & Development Associate is a new position for a candidate with at least 2 years’ experience with customer relationship management (CRM) and content management systems (CMS). This person will work with staff at all levels of the organization on mission-critical development, fundraising, and marketing efforts that advance our goals of health, equity, and sustainability.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated person to support the mission of ChangeLab Solutions and work in a dynamic organization. We’re looking for a self-starter who will get up to speed quickly on our systems and protocols. Strong interpersonal skills, commitment to collaboration, interest in data and its uses, attention to detail, problem solving, and flexibility are essential.
About ChangeLab Solutions
ChangeLab Solutions creates innovative laws and policies to ensure everyday health for all, whether that’s providing access to affordable, healthy food and beverages, creating safe opportunities for physical activity, or ensuring the freedom to enjoy smokefree air and clean water. Our solutions address all aspects of a just, vital, and thriving community, like food, housing, child care, schools, transportation, public safety, jobs, and the environment. For more information about how we create healthier communities for all through better laws and policies, see www.changelabsolutions.org.
The successful candidate will embody our organization’s core values:
- Collaboration: We create strong working partnerships internally and externally.
- Authenticity: We support bringing one’s whole self to work.
- Excellence: We are passionate about producing high-quality work to advance our shared mission.
- Innovation: We drive both practical and visionary law and policy solutions to public health problems.
- Equity: We believe in a shared vision of health for all.
ChangeLab Solutions has a strong commitment to building a staff that is rich with cultural, social, and intellectual diversity. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths and experiences in this area.
Reporting to the Senior Online Communications Manager, the Communications & Development Associate will have responsibilities in the following areas, with the potential to focus on a subset of them, based on interests and skills:
Data Input, Management, and Reporting (60%)
- Create, update, and export records for activity tracking, business, fundraising, and outreach efforts in our CRM systems (Salesforce, Salsa Engage, and Salsa CRM)
- Enter offline donations, pledges, and payments
- Coordinate pledge reminders and acknowledgments to donors
- Build and run reports on awards, contacts, contracts, donors, donations, email performance, webinar registration, and other information in CRM systems
- Perform maintenance tasks such as data cleaning, deduplication, and mass updates
- Train staff on best practices for creating records and running reports
- Maintain training materials and user guides, and provide examples of best practices for users
- Work with our Salesforce consultant on testing and rolling out new features
Online Content Formatting, Publishing, and Reporting (30%)
- Create and publish website pages, including product pages, donation forms, and blog posts in Drupal and other content management systems
- Format and send marketing and fundraising emails to subscriber lists through Salsa Engage
- Use HTML & CSS attributes to customize the appearance of text, layout, and graphics on website pages and in emails
- Set up tracking, create and format tags, and run reports on website traffic in Google Analytics
- Document styles and create standard operating procedures to ensure consistency in the appearance of online content
- Work with our Drupal consultants on testing and rolling out new features
Support Communications & Development Projects (10%)
- Research donor prospects and help manage donor relationships
- Create and implement strategies to retain email subscribers and grow our email list
- Partner with staff to maximize opportunities to use data
Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
The Communications & Development Associate will be a helpful, efficient, and tech-savvy individual who will play a key role in leveraging digital assets to advance our mission. Candidates must meet all of these minimum requirements:
- Bachelor's degree (relevant work experience may be substituted for a formal degree with explanation of the equivalency in the cover letter) and 2 years' work experience
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and spoken
- At least 1 year of experience in using Salesforce, Salsa, and/or similar CRM software
- At least 1 year of experience in coding web documents with commonly used HTML & CSS attributes in a content management system
- Track record of managing multiple projects that includes establishing priorities, managing billable hours, and meeting deadlines
Required Personal Attributes
An ideal candidate will have all of these characteristics:
- Team player who enjoys partnering with and supporting colleagues
- Communicates clearly and patiently, especially when demystifying technical issues
- Manages workload and blocks time to get things done
- Prioritizes tasks in a fast-paced setting with reasonably good humor
- Gives and receives constructive feedback
Preferred Attributes (Not Required)
Strong candidates may also have two or more of the following:
- Familiarity with commonly used CSS attributes and experience with coding style sheets
- Familiarity with Google Analytics
- Familiarity with the Adobe Creative Cloud applications Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Experience in supporting marketing and fundraising operations
- Enjoyment of creative problem solving that considers all possibilities
Compensation, Benefits, & Perks
ChangeLab Solutions is a competitive and rewarding employer:
- Full-time, nonexempt position, hourly pay of $26-31 ($55,000 to $65,000 annual equivalent)
- Great benefits! * Medical, dental, vision coverage (ChangeLab Solutions contributes 100% for employees and 50% for dependent premiums.) * Long-term disability insurance * Life insurance * 403(b) plan with 5% employer contribution * Commuter benefits, including $100 public transit subsidy * Flexible spending accounts (dependent care & health care) * Funds for training and professional development
- Generous paid time off package starting at roughly 4.5 weeks per year, plus 10 holidays and week-long closure in December
- Office location in the heart of Uptown Oakland
- Fiscally stable organization
- Work with a talented group of professionals who are committed to a shared mission
How to Apply
To apply for the Communications & Development Associate position, please email all required information to firstname.lastname@example.org; please include Communications & Development Associate in the subject line of the email.
The following items are required for a complete application packet: cover letter and resume.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications will be considered as they are submitted; the position remains open until filled.
No phone calls, please.